Hester & Cook Design Group headquarters in Nashville, TN is seeking to fill a Graphic Design Assistant position within our Design and Marketing Department. We are a design-driven, dynamic, high-growth organization so assignments are flexible and adapted to the organization’s needs as well as the candidate’s strengths.
This position starts at 25-30 hours per week with potential for growth.
Duties will consist of but are not limited to the following:
Applicant will be called upon to:
• Assist with various aspects of the design process from initial concept to final production in a supporting role.
• Handle basic design and prepress needs including editing Adobe design files, formulating spec sheets for print jobs, creating
product mockups and more.
• Assist in development of visual aspects of Hester & Cook Design Group email campaigns, social media posts, flyers, and other
graphics needed to communicate the HCDG message
• Contribute to work on webstore/blog
• Thorough knowledge of and skill using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
• Knowledge of printing process and proper file formatting
• Ability to keep multiple projects in progress simultaneously
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Established organizational skills and ability to work within strict deadlines
• Knowledge of Shopify a plus
Portfolio should communicate a well-rounded grasp of page layouts, typography, and basic design thinking as well as an appreciation for a variety of aesthetics. Knowledge of social media platforms a plus. Please provide resume with references and portfolio to Courtney@hesterandcook.com